Newcastle University Canoe Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAMPAIGN WEEK!

4 posters

Go down

CAMPAIGN WEEK! Empty CAMPAIGN WEEK!

Post  Nikki Cottle Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:33 am

Yes, yes, its that horrible harasment time of the year!!

VOTE ASHLEY FRYER FOR EDITOR OF THE COURIER!!
VOTE RACHAEL WHITE FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNION!!

Ther both my flatmates so please please please please vote for them!
If they get these posts, then they will stay in newc for another year so will keep my house and i have somewhere to stay after next years ball!! << THAT if anything should make you go to:

http://vote.ncl.ac.uk

and put #1 next to their names!

Love n shit
Cottle xxxxxx

P.s does this not remind you of christian at the ball >> king haha
VOTE!
Nikki Cottle
Nikki Cottle

Back to top Go down

CAMPAIGN WEEK! Empty Re: CAMPAIGN WEEK!

Post  stickey Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi,

Loads of ppl have asked me to tell u guys to push their campaign for officer positions. I advise you read through their manifesto's and support those who seem like they would support the outdoor social clubs the most. I.e. the ones that believe everyone should be able to do the sport regardless of talent and not those who just support rugby and football but would promote clubs like ours!

It's definitely worth voting as this effects your future university lives!

Also Liam really wants to be votes in for his positions but can only do so if you vote RON so support him if you'd like!

Cheers
stickey
stickey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:09 pm

In York, candidates can get disqualified if they themselves or their friends use forums or mailing lists to promote their candidacy. While you can say 'so and so is really good at doing this and please have a look at their policies', it's against the rules to actually say 'vote for so and so because we are best friends forever'. Obviously I don't have a clue what Newcastle's rules are, but in York people have suffered the consequences of mass-mailing list/forum promotion. Might be doing friends more harm than good through this sort of campaigning ...

Naomi

Back to top Go down

Post  liamdale Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:19 pm

RE:Naomi

Its all over now anyway. But I had to go through the rules when i was originally meant to be running and we are allowed to ask for peoples votes, just not to force people. Its the same as we are allowed to say we think they'd be good. Just not 'they are the best', as that might not be true.

If anyone is interested still:

Tom Delamere is Union president
Editor of courier is still pending appeals.
AU officer is Charley Wright
Student Support went to Sarah Fearns.
Education went to Lil Collingham.
And unfortunately RON didnt beat RAG but thanks for trying. apparantly it was pretty close and they got tonnes of RON votes!
Can't remember the rest....
liamdale
liamdale

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down