Newcastle University Canoe Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the unofficial (NUCC) ski trip?

+3
amanda
HelenSKT
francis
7 posters

Go down

the unofficial (NUCC) ski trip? Empty the unofficial (NUCC) ski trip?

Post  francis Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:51 pm

This was originally planned for the 14th Dec, but getting a job has really buggered my life up (seriously kids, don't do it).

SO...new plans will be for the 15th March (one week after nsr so i guess its easter holidays by then) and looking at the three valleys in France (Courchevel, meribel-montarett, Val-thorens), flying out from manchester with crystal ski (I can't be bothered to be any more imaginative).

Courchevel is about £100 more expensive so, still being a student at heart, I think meribel will be best. Prices are from about £330 for self catering appartment and the cheapest challet (fully catered) is about £526 per person. These prices are based on 8ppl sharing one or two appartments and include flights but not lift pass, ski hire or insurance.

Lift passes are about £120 for the week (guestimate) and ski hire, last time i hired was about the same for skis 'n' boots or board. food should be reasonable if we're cooking in big groups.

Let me hear a Yay cheers or a Nay No and then we can get on with deciding some stuff.

Francis
francis
francis

Back to top Go down

the unofficial (NUCC) ski trip? Empty Re: the unofficial (NUCC) ski trip?

Post  HelenSKT Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:31 am

yay!
HelenSKT
HelenSKT

Back to top Go down

Post  amanda Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:59 pm

possibly a yey! x

amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:43 pm

Neutral hmm, not sure I can afford the time or money to go twice!
Shame cos it sounds like it'd be mint.
Sorry Francis!
Mike
Mike
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Yay X2!
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:33 pm

how about going a bit later, like after 3rd april?? I think uni term begins again on the 20th april!
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:08 am

Yay n term doesnt end till the 20th.
Joyous
Joyous

Back to top Go down

Post  francis Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:46 pm

Ah bollox. we could make it the 3rd of april (I'm free whenever I book the holiday) I was just tring to avoid kiddies easter holidays.

Prices for this time are about £240 more expensive for flights and accommodation (£580)
11th april is starting from (£415)
21st of march is still nice and cheap though

The other option is to wait and book last minute where we could get some deals but its a bit chancy as to whats avaliable (especially for a group of people) Also crystal have a "supersaver" thingy where you get put it the most basic accommodation avaliable when you get into resort. My vote is for 21st of march if everyone else can make that.
francis
francis

Back to top Go down

Post  HelenSKT Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:08 am

I'm good whenever! As long as I know the dates I can just book holiday off! Can't wait, not been skiing for a while!
HelenSKT
HelenSKT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:15 pm

11th april sounds good for me... Naomi fancies coming too and shes stuck to school holidays now, the 20th -20th, so we wont be ablt to head out outside of that really!
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  francis Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 am

what shall it be then...21st of march or slightly more expensive 11th april. April now might be better for me as I'm doing the three peaks challenge on the 28th of march and would prefer to not have had a days travelling beforehand.

I want to get this all booked in janruary and the cheapest way is to do it on the internet which may mean cashing all the cheques into an account and then booking off that persons card (this gets us £50 per person discount).

Just so you'll know when to expect me demanding money.
francis
francis

Back to top Go down

Post  francis Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:06 am

actually.. can we try for 21st of march as its sooo much cheaper and i can just move the three peaks.
francis
francis

Back to top Go down

Post  HelenSKT Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:37 am

cheaper sounds good to me! Let's do this! We got a definite idea of who's coming?
HelenSKT
HelenSKT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:35 pm

we prob wont be able to come outside of easter hols, bot obviously dont expect anyone to have to pay more for their hols becasue of that... just a thought but how about looking at a cheaper resort as this one seems to be pretty much the most expensive
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  HelenSKT Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:55 am

Hey up, Rachael (Twist) says she's up for coming too!
HelenSKT
HelenSKT

Back to top Go down

Post  francis Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:40 pm

good good. I've been skiing a long time and £260 for flights and accommodation is abut the cheapest I've ever paid. You do get your moneys worth though as its a very high resort so often has snow even if others dont, also the ski area is massive such that you can ski all day and never do the same run twice, and finally there are plenty of bars and shops for apres ski fun.

We could go for a lower resort in the same area but these are only about £20-30 difference for the week and are not nearly as convenient. I'm afraid I'm obliged to go somewhere in the three valleys or abi will never talk to me again (sometimes an attractive thought)

Tom- when do your holidays actually start (i thought it was the 20th march?). And it is an accepted curse of being a teacher, loads of holidays, but they're all very expensive. It might be good if we can all meet around a computer with some sherry and mice pies some point over christmass and get everything nailed out, I'm sure there is somethin which will please everyone.

Francis
francis
francis

Back to top Go down

Post  HelenSKT Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:05 am

Sounds like a plan batman! Well I'm up in Newcastle until Xmas eve so we could perhaps arrange a get together before Xmas. I'll bring some mince pies! Who have we got so far - Francis, Joy, Tom, Naomi, me, Rachael, Amanda maybe?
HelenSKT
HelenSKT

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:54 am

I have mince pies since no1 ever did any carol singing Sad haha. n not wanting to start another topic that no1 replies to, is anyone still around n up for pub on weds or thurs?
Joyous
Joyous

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:19 am

i can take hols whenever but its because naomi is on placement she has no option of going outside of school hols (3rd april onwards) which is a bit gay, and in a similar sense that abi wont speak to you if we boycott the three peaks, naomi probably wont speak to me if i abandon her and bugger off skiing (also a tempting option*). But if anything ends up happening after the 3rd april or in february half term hols we shall be rearing to go!

* If your reading this and are called naomi then I apologise......if your name is anything else then its true!
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:20 am

ps. to clarify its uni holidays that are the 20th-20th, and school hols that dont begin until 3rd april!
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  HelenSKT Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:11 am

I'm up for pub or whatever sometime.
HelenSKT
HelenSKT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:21 pm

and by the three peaks I mean the three valleys!
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Naomi Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Tom wrote:i can take hols whenever but its because naomi is on placement she has no option of going outside of school hols (3rd april onwards) which is a bit gay, and in a similar sense that abi wont speak to you if we boycott the three peaks, naomi probably wont speak to me if i abandon her and bugger off skiing (also a tempting option*). But if anything ends up happening after the 3rd april or in february half term hols we shall be rearing to go!

* If your reading this and are called naomi then I apologise......if your name is anything else then its true!

I hate you and all your appalling punctuation.

Naomi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down