Newcastle University Canoe Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boat wanted

3 posters

Go down

New Boat wanted Empty New Boat wanted

Post  Annie Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:24 pm

I'm looking into buying my first boat Smile
Interested in a Dagger Juice but there dont seem to be that many out there.. Anyone know of anything similar that I could look for, looking at something mainly for river running so not too small, but small enough to have a little play and surf etc.

Theres a perception full tilt for sale, does anyone know much about them ?

Cheers
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

New Boat wanted Empty Re: New Boat wanted

Post  Tom Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:42 am

A few people at York uni club have the juice and seem to really like them, but they seem to be quite pricey when they are available... I think the Dagger RX is quite similar to the juice, so there may be some of them knocking about! Naomi paddles a Liquid Logic Trigger that might suit you quite well, its the same design as Richs' purple Hoss/Safety Petes orange Lil'Joe, but much smaller than both (especially the Hoss) and designed for small paddlers, its dead easy to roll and will be great for river running! she bought it last summer and I remember there being quite a few cheap ones available then.

http://playak.com/kayaks.php?id=209

or a bit more playful...

http://playak.com/kayaks.php?id=748

I've paddled the bigger version (125) of the cr 80 and really liked it, really wanted to buy one at one point! It felt really stable and not at all like a playboat when running rivers, but its playboaty enough to have a fun in when you want to.

Also if you want to expand your search area i'd be happy to pick up a boat from the east yorkshireish area and bring it to ncl next time im up!
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Someone had a juice for sale on the bank at teeside on Saturday, was £350 ish I think but sorry I didnt pay that much interest. You might be able to find out who it was if you look around.

Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down